Saturday, January 07, 2006

Shades

There are many different shades in life... the most common form deals with color. Color is all around us and can be dull and boring, or vibrant and full of life. We tend to surround ourselves with colors that suit our moods or personalities. For example, my apartment contains many different shades of blue. Blue calms me. I admire people bold enough to have red leather furniture and orange wall hangings... but for me... blue with pictures of nature on the walls in simple frames. It's amazing how we associate color. When we see red, we can be inspired to anger. Green is peace. Yellow is sunlight. Black is doom. Pink is for girls and blue is for boys. Color raises interest and holds us close. I am so grateful for the gift of sight and its' many pleasures.

No comments: