Saturday, January 14, 2006

Filling in the Spaces

In memories I often fill in the blank spaces with my imagination. I don't remember childhood stories clearly, so I embellish and am known for stealing my sister's experiences. I was a boring child! I had a speech disorder and just didn't talk much until I was well into elementary school... causing me to be somewhat complacent. My older cousin says all he remembered about me from a visit was that I was a blond, silent angel. Hah! My sister Georgia used to hit me all the time, complete and total bully. (She admits it.) I used to just stand there and scream whenever she came near me. Momma just assumed she was hitting me so Georgia would get in trouble. It was brilliant. And that story really is true. Filling in the spaces can be such fun. It makes life more interesting and vibrant. And why not remember my childhood in a slightly better light?

No comments: