Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Maybe

People can be so damn annoying. Why would you be a young man with potential promises of grandeur and dress like a thug complete with sideways baseball cap? Don't they realize society will instantly judge them to fall into the mold of womanizer, gun-totter, foul-mouthed scum on welfare? Maybe they don't realize it. Maybe wearing over-sized clothes and walking with a forced limp is a form of expression to them. Maybe I am the one in the wrong by throwing accusations in their direction. Or maybe not. I will let you decide. Here I am sitting at a fast food restaurant waiting on my car's oil to be changed. I am minding my own business eating my unsatisfactory meal and twice I overhear the apparent leader of the pack of four head in my direction to "scam on a girl." He attempted twice but his attention span was so short it took minimal effort for his friends to distract him. So now do I have the right to judge this young man in particular? In observing him for a total of ten minutes I can come to some reasonable conclusions but definitely nothing life condemning. I am no oracle. But come to think of it, I started writing this before the young man even came in my direction, before I had any real, personal issue with his behavior. So it is reasonable to assume that I am in asshole in the situation. I only feel threatened because I don't understand.

No comments: