Monday, December 26, 2005

After the Festivities

So Christmas of 2005 is over and done with and 2006 is right around the corner. It's strange that I was worried about my gifts from Brent last night, he was perfect. The highlight was a moleskin journal. I remarked to myself yesterday afternoon that the one thing I didn't get was a journal. You see, my sister has gotten me one for the past two years. But this year we set a price limit and she got a gift certificate for that amount and was done. As a result, I was bummed. But Brent thought of it; he knew that journaling was important to me and it made me warm inside to know that he recognized that. He also got me an adorable stuffed pony that I named Thor. I snuggled with him last night as I fell asleep. We had a wonderful meal by candlelight while watching the Vikings game. It was great. You can't beat good food, a good man, and football. Of course we lost so we're out of the playoffs but that is another topic altogether. Christmas this year was definitely different being away from my parents and extended family, but it was well worth the wait.

No comments: