Sunday, January 28, 2007

Wonders of the Wii

The Nintendo Wii is a beautiful thing. We got a Wii on Friday, January 19, 2007 and have been playing it every day since. It comes with Wii Sports that has Tennis, Baseball, Bowling, Golf, and Boxing. My personal favorite being Tennis. Can you imagine standing in the middle of your living room swinging your arms and your movements being detected in the game? Pretty revolutionary. The motion sensor is awesome too. If the ball is to your bankhand and you swing forward, guess what? It's a missed shot. Brent is currently boxing against the computer Miis and it's great listening to his commentary. Now boxing is tiring... 3 rounds of 3 minutes all while bobbing, weaving, and hitting. It is a LOT of work.

Rayman Raving Rabbids is also a brilliant game and that is where the bunny comes from... they are pyscho bunnies! It is full of mini games that range from milking cows to bunny shoot outs. Very creative and just pure fun.

WarioWare Smooth Moves is hilarious. You pull nose hairs out, shake fruit flies off of bananas, and saw wood. I never knew there were so many ways to hold the Wii mote and some of the graphics on that game are just plain silly... you can tell they wanted people to chuckle at some things and it definitely works!

Brent has Zelda but that is purely his thing. I don't have the attention span for it! All I am saying is... the Wii is meant to be shared. It is sooo much fun that we have had three Wii parties in a week.

Wii want everyone to know it's worth.

1 comment:

Visual Reflections said...

I can now sharein the joy of Rayman Raving Rabbids curotisy of Brent and Lydia. I received a copy for my computer as a birthday present. I agree it is a gerat game and I can see a lot of it in my future. It might eve replace the Ninja Turtles!