Saturday, April 08, 2006

The Coen Brothers


My boyfriend has a website devoted to the Coen Brothers at www.coenbrothers.net. I love it. I never understood the brilliance of their screenplays until I started dating Brent. I own several of their films including The Hudsucker Proxy, O Brother Where Art Thou, and Fargo. The picture comes from The LadyKillers, a more recent film with the legendary Tom Hanks as the star. They make such diverse movies with excellent dialogue and often dark humor. Their writing is intelligent. A perfect example of this is Barton Fink. You have to listen and watch the story to understand the broader meaning of the film. I absolutely adore their films. I felt like a nerd earlier because I went on Brent's website to the forum and posted a comment. I don't ever post comments on websites. Of course, I am not the type to be aware of websites that offer interaction. I have just now gotten internet access in my apartment so I think life will become more web friendly now. I think I only felt like a nerd because Brent will tease me when he sees that I commented on his site. He'll like it though. Check out the website. I think it's brilliant. I never realized a ton of films I love where written by the same two men... See for yourself.

No comments: