Wednesday, April 26, 2006

American Idol

I hate to admit it, but I am addicted to this season of American Idol. The contestants are likeable and very talented people. Last night they performed love songs under the coaching of Andrea Bocelli and David Foster. Some song choices were wrong, some didn't sing with passion... but overall the show was entertaining. I think the main reason for this is I am invested at this point. For instance, after the show I felt that Kellie Pickler pictured above would be coming home tonight. After watching the show tonight and finding my prediction accurate, I was sad. I am sad to see any of them go because I am used to hearing them sing and facing the struggle of performing live in different genres every week. I couldn't face the pressure. I admire what they do and the criticism they face in order to achieve their dreams. In Kellie's case, her winning personality and good looks will get her far but possibly not in the music industry.

No comments: