Sunday, June 18, 2006

Stress, Mood Swings, and Sturdying Sighs

So for over a month I have been having back pain on and off. I am also beginning to hate my job. These two things have seriously effected my ability to maintain a chipper mood among other contributing factors. I feel weak because I actually had to go to the doctor for medication last week to control the pain in my lower back and spasms. I was missing work and just miserable. The last few days have shown a marked improvement but the stresses of work and moving in two weeks is taking its toll. I haven't been able to pack because of back pain and now I've just learned I am going to have to move my things twice. I can explain. I have to be out of my current apartment on June 30 at noon Friday and can't move into my new apartment until July 1 at noon on Saturday. That is a lapse of 24 hours. I can't expect people to help me move on a Friday morning, so I will be moving my things next Sunday and putting them in my sister's garage. I will either borrow an air mattress or stay with my boyfriend for the week and then move all the stuff from the garage to the new place on July 1. Wow, right? So anyway, I have to get a crew together on both days. I don't have much stuff but the more the merrier and faster the progress. But renting two U-Hauls when I am certain moving will aggravate my back again right when it's calming down... It's been a stressful time for me. I have been having fun with Brent as usual and actually went to two Minnesota Twin's games this past week... They were playing the Red Sox and they swept it. (David Ortiz got robbed in Game 3). So by all standards life is good. But I am finally starting to understand why my mom struggles so much to stay happy. She is in pain. I am convinced I've just pulled a muscle, but the realization that I could be my mom all over again is intense and pretty damn scary. And sitting on my ass for 8 hours at work is brutal on my lower back and the job itself is not worth it anymore. So yeah, even with a great boyfriend like Brent and extracurricular activities, it's been tough lately. I know he has noticed, just hope he continues to give me room. Life continues to change and I know this is a phase, I have never allowed circumstances to beat me and I will not start now.

No comments: