Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Being Spoiled

Yesterday was my 25th birthday and I was treated like a queen the entire day. With recently manicured nails and toes courtesy of the birthday check I received from my parents, I was served breakfast in bed... I had fluffy scrambled eggs, a biscuit, bacon, and a pastry served to me on a tray with orange juice and hot coffee. It was amazing. I dressed in sandals and a summer dress for the occasion. When I got to work, I noticed my sister's car in the parking lot and became instantly nervous. Last year she decorated my cubicle so intensely there were streamers hanging from the ceiling! I sighed in relief when I got to my desk and everything appeared normal. Not ten minutes after clocking in, Georgia arrived with a beautiful bouquet of flowers, a cake, and a camera. Of course I turned beat red especially when she sang/whispered "Happy Birthday." I love her- she's good to me. All day I passed out cake (it was a buttercream sheet cake so I felt the need to share) and people wished me a merry day. Brent was super sweet to me reminding me often it was my special day. He even threw out the cake box for me since the sandals I wore were trying desperately to rub a blister on my pinkie toes! I had a choice to make for dinner. We could go to McCoys, which is a great place in uptown Minneapolis with food fit for a king that's kind of spendy... or get pizza like I was craving at some trendy pizza place. Since my back was aching and all I could think about was going home and getting delivery and into my pjs... that is exactly what we did. All I wanted was Pizza Hut pizza (my choice of toppings), a movie, and some beer. Brent made me pick out the movie and opted to get me Honey Weiss instead of the Bud Light I suggested because he knows it's my favorite. I got a back rub last night and was just treated like a princess. So many of my friends from Virginia called to wish me a Happy Birthday as well. I really did feel spoiled, but to be honest, with the people in my life I often feel that way.

No comments: