Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Belting it Out

Last night one of my favorite songs "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion started playing while I was sitting with my boyfriend on the sofa. I felt compelled to sing but for some reason- not in front of him. I have sung in front of an audience of about five hundred but couldn't muster the courage to sing in front of one man. By the start of the chorus, I had convinced Brent to go into the kitchen so I could stand up and sing at the top of my voice. My heart soared with the melody I am so familiar with. When the song ended I poked my head around the corner and said, "I'm done" with a sheepish look on my face. He didn't say anything, he just smiled. Over dinner he said I really belted it out. Maybe I will be able to sing in front of him now, I felt approval in his gaze.

No comments: