Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine’s Day

Today is supposed to be a day that you think of your loved ones… your special someone. This year that cloud of giddiness and pure joy is tinged with storms. I can’t get my mind off of Angie. It would have been her 37th birthday 11 days ago and today Erik is coping with having his first Valentine’s without his wife. Brent and I are still in shock over this loss. Everything seems to remind me of her. I still wear my Leukemia bracelet daily. I still think of Jessi and Erik daily and worry about how they are dealing with it all… I worry about them. There are considered to be 5 Stages of Greif - Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and Acceptance. I worry that they will linger on Anger for a while.

I know I would be angry if my mom were ripped from me when I was 13. I know I would be pissed off if my husband were just suddenly… gone.

There are no correct answers in how people deal with grief. For me, I am depressed. I will always remember and love Angie.

No comments: