Sunday, October 07, 2007

Missing my Sister




Lately I've thought about Georgia a dozen times in an hour. That's aggressive. I miss her. I was driving on Highway 169 the other night and saw the 49th Ave exit and teared up. It has been almost a year since I have been able to hug her and share stories in person. Our recent Skype date was canceled because she is having computer/phone issues so now I am really thinking of her: wondering how she is, who she is talking to, who she is laughing with, who she is confiding in.

I spent time with Kelsey tonight who went to the same church as my sister. I haven't seen her since Georgia left. It's really hard to see people when the only thing I have in common with them is Georgia. All there is to talk about is Georgia.

Kelsey and I were close years ago, but Georgia was her friend. She misses her. We had a good time talking about the fact that Kelsey is only picky about boys and clothes, playing the Wii, and listening to music. I printed out some pictures of Georgia that I stole from her blog and Kelsey immediately said she was going to put them in her locker. Kelsey is 13 now and completely looks up to Georgia as a friend and role model.

This is how my sister touches people. She becomes a part of their lives. She is selfless, generous, and sincere. She has many traits that define her as a strong, Christian woman and I am proud of her. I love her.

And I miss her.

No comments: