Friday, February 16, 2007

Changes on the Horizon

It seems like life changes all around us, but we rarely allow to willingly change. Think about it--we will stay in a job we dislike because it pays the bills. We watch the same television shows week after week. We wear the same clothes and generally eat the same foods. Most people resist change on some level. I embrace it on many, but shy away from it as well. For example, I just dyed my hair auburn brown but didn't change the style.

Why do we as a people do this? Does normalcy really bring us that much comfort? There are things in my life that I never want to change. I want the people I love to be near me forever. I want to be healthy until I am old. I want to have a bright personality all of my days.

But things can change. We just need to be ready for it.

No comments: