Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Nintendo DS

Okay, so I got an awesome present. Friday is our one year anniversary and Brent and I decided to buy ourselves a new toy. We split the cost on a Nintendo DS and two new games- one Mario and Big Brain Academy. If you are gaming ignorant, a Nintendo DS is a sophisticated Game Boy with two screens, one is a touch screen. I have never been a pro at gaming so Mario is challenging me... but it is so cool! The graphics are awesome and it combines a lot of features from previous gaming systems like climbing walls, turning into MiniMario, and all kinds of stuff. I am used to the old school Mario, I can hear the old familiar tune in my head! I thought it was awesome. Well, the new game is hot. The Brain Age Academy is like having a fitness center for your mind. I adore it. It tests you in categories. I am truly skilled at Memorization but need serious work in Thinking. I am sure that is not a big surprise! Anyway, the more you practice the skills, the better you do on tests and your brain mass grows. It's sound logic. I have always been an advocate of old people playing Chess or working cross word puzzles to keep their minds active, well, this game is brain food for all! I never would have thought of myself as a person that would like video games enough to want a portable gaming system... but man is it fun!

No comments: