Sunday, July 09, 2006

Feeling At Home

I have finally been able to catch up with my new roomie. It’s Sunday evening and for the past few hours I have been sitting around talking to Syd while she unpacks. We moved the living room furniture around and it just feels cozy. I love it. I still need to unpack knick-knacks but they can stay in a box for a while as far as I am concerned. I’ve done a load of laundry and eaten dinner. Now I am going to relax on the sofa and watch a movie. I love nights like this… balancing your checkbook, catching up on email, talking with friends- it’s peaceful. I already have my outfit picked out for work in the morning. Tomorrow is a big day. I have an interview so the new suit comes out to play. LOL. I like having everything set up to avoid stress in the morning. That is something I established while living alone and I will never give it up. I even pack my lunch the night before! So it really is home, just different. Now I hear noises other than my own like the shower running, music softly playing in Sydney’s room, or a muffled phone conversation. But it’s good. It feels like home.

No comments: