Monday, May 29, 2006

Being on the Lake

Yesterday I was in Chisago, Minnesota at the Johnson Bed and Breakfast. Actually, it's my boyfriend's parents home. They were away for the Memorial Day weekend so we had the house to ourselves. Brent named it the Johnson B & B because I wanted to stay overnight... it's lovely. The house is an old Victorian with loads of charm. It's very comfortable. As we fell asleep on the high four post bed, I really felt like we were on vacation. We treated one another with such kindness the whole time, making sure we had enough sun screen, laughing, eating like kings, and kissing one another. It felt like something out of a romance novel, except for when he was earning man points by changing his oil! ;) It was so hot out. It's rumored to be the hottest holiday weekend in years. We grilled and played in the water. We went on a bike ride. We sat on the swing and talked. I had fun like I were a kid again. When we got back to the cities last night, both of us were exhausted. Now I am glowing a bit red in places but feel like I did something with my weekend, even if today is the holiday itself and I am sitting at work. The trip north made a wonderful, relaxing impression.

No comments: